Superior efficacy. Built-in safety
R-Zero is revolutionizing health in indoor spaces with industry-leading UV-C disinfection devices.
Our best-in-class solutions inactivate 99.9% of harmful microorganisms in the air and on surfaces in real time. Arc, Beam, and Vive dramatically increase effective ACH with both lower energy consumption and a minimized need for chemical disinfection products. R-Zero's efficacy data is backed by third-party labs and hundreds of happy customers.
UV-C is a proven method of disinfection for air and surfaces, used by healthcare, education, and workplaces around the globe for safe indoor spaces. Each of our devices is designed and engineered for maximum safety.
Learn more about the efficacy and safety of each of our products
Beam is an upper-room ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UR-UVGI) device that works in occupied spaces to disinfect indoor air safely. Beam operates autonomously with passive technology and requires almost zero behavioral changes from occupants.
- Beam is mounted 7’ or higher in the room to ensure the effective dose of UV-C light (265nm) in the Upper Room does not reach occupants in the room.
- After installation, each Beam is individually commissioned by a trained technician to ensure all areas of the room are in accordance with regulatory and industry guidelines set by the ACGIH. R-Zero ensures UV levels in all areas are safe for the skin and eyes.
- As the only LED-based UR-UVGI product in the market, Beam is unique in that the intensity of UV-C can be calibrated to ensure maximum efficacy while maintaining safety for all occupants.
- Two disinfection zone sensors (DZPIR) are located above the baffle on either side of the LED light bars. These two sensors detect motion above the baffle, in the high-intensity disinfection zone. When motion is sensed in the upper room disinfection zone, the DZPIR immediately stops the disinfection cycle. Beam will stay in a paused state until the DZPIR no longer senses motion to ensure that the area is clear.
|Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis (MRSE) (Bacterium)||99.99% Upper Room UVGI / 30 minutes|
|Klebsiella aerogenes (Bacterium)||99.99% Upper Room UVGI / 30 minutes|
|T1 (Virus)||99.99% Upper Room UVGI / 30 minutes|
|SARS-CoV-2 (Virus)||99.99% Upper Room UVGI / 30 minutes|
Using 222 nm UV-C light, also called Far UV, Vive is a versatile device that works autonomously to eliminate harmful microbes from both air and surfaces while remaining safe for human exposure.
- Vive emits Far UV-C light (222nm) which doesn't penetrate the outer layers of skin or eyes, so prolonged exposure is safe for humans.
- The ACGIH has set a threshold limit value (TLV) as a recommended maximum dosage for humans over an 8-hour day. The current TLV for human eyes is 161 mJ/cm2. Vive can detect the presence of people and is programmed with a daily run time limit to ensure it will not exceed the current TLV under any circumstances.
- R-Zero manages the installation of Vives, including all safety commissioning to ensure they do not exceed the established TLVs and meet all safety and regulatory requirements in each space they are deployed.
- It is always safe for people to be in the room with Vive as any potentially harmful irradiation is filtered out using a monochromatic filter.
|Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis (MRSE) (Bacterium)||99.99% Far UV / 120 minutes|
|Klebsiella aerogenes (Bacterium)||99.99% Far UV / 120 minutes|
|T1 (Virus)||99.99% Far UV / 90 minutes|
|Aspergillus brasiliensis (Fungi mold spore) (Test: ASTM3135)||99.7% Far UV / 240 minutes|
|Human Coronavirus Strain 229E (HCov-229E) (Virus - Surface)||99.78% 3.28 ft. (1 meter) / 30 minutes|
Arc is a mobile UV tower that inactivates harmful microorganisms in unoccupied rooms. In as little as seven minutes, Arc resets risk in a 1,000 sq foot space so that it is ready for occupants to reenter.
- Because 254nm UV-C light is not safe for human exposure, Arc includes redundant safety features to ensure absolute protection in operations all of the time.
- There is a built-in 30-second delay upon starting a cycle to allow the operator to exit the room.
- 4 PIR safety sensors trigger an automatic shutoff if they sense heat or motion, indicating someone is within 40 feet of the tower.
- All devices ship with warning signs in both English and Spanish to be placed outside the room while the device is running.
- All Arc operators will be trained and certified upon purchase by the R-Zero Customer Success team to ensure safe Arc operation.
|Human Coronavirus Strain 229E (HCov-229E) (Virus)||99.9% Reduction in 7 minutes at 8-foot distance|
|Feline Calicivirus (Virus)||99.9% Reduction in 7 minutes at 8-foot distance|
|Escherichia coli (E. coli) (Bacterium)||99.99% Reduction in 7 minutes at 8-foot distance|
|Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)(Bacterium)||99.99% Reduction in 7 minutes at 8-foot distance|
|Staphylococcus aureus (Bacterium)||99.9999% Reduction in 7 minutes at 8-foot distance|
|Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Bacterium)||99.99% Reduction in 7 minutes at 8-foot distance|
|Clostridioides difficile spores (C. diff) (Bacterium)||99.9% Reduction in 7 minutes at 8-foot distance|
|Candida auris (Fungi)||99.9% Reduction in 7 minutes at 8-foot distance|
EPA GLP-compliant laboratories used for testing include:
Bioscience Laboratories - Bozeman, Montana Microchem Laboratory - Round Rock, Texas
Aerosol Research and Engineering Laboratories - Olathe, Kansas Innovative Bioanalysis, Inc. - Costa Mesa, California