Autonomous UV-C air disinfection (upper room UVGI) to eliminate pathogens in occupied spaces and reduce sick days.
Beam is the world's first LED-based, upper room ultraviolet germicidal irradiation or UVGI device. UVGI is a CDC-recommended air disinfection method using 265 nm UV light that creates a disinfection zone located above people in the rooms they occupy.
Superior efficacy that makes everyday spaces safer
As the world’s first LED-based, autonomous upper room UVGI solution, R-Zero Beam shines UVGI across the top of an occupied room for air disinfection. Beam disinfects air 99.9% in just 5 minutes. Upper room UVGI is recommended by ASHRAE and the CDC.
Destroys 99.99% of airborne pathogens in 5 minutes
99% Staph Epidermidis
99% Klebsiella Bacteria
>99% Human Coronavirus
Drive positive ROIs with Beam
Beam virtually eliminates high-risk aerosol transmission of pathogens by adding +12eACH. It also carries 9X less operating costs vs. increased ventilation, driving high ROIs.*
*Grigory V. Volchenkov, MD, Oblast TB Dispensary, Vladimir, Russia in collaboration with Paul Jensen, PE, IH, PhD (CDC)
The science of UVGI
Beam is the world's first LED-based upper room ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) device. Beam uses the most effective UV light wavelength (265nm), which is 20-30% more effective than the wavelength most often used with UV-C (254nm). Beam quickly and completely disinfects air as it naturally rises and crosses the light’s path.
Because the 265nm wavelength of UV light is not safe for eyes and skin, Beam includes a safety baffle to ensure no exposure.
Furthermore, Beam is equipped with PIR safety sensors that will terminate the UV light if a person is at risk of crossing into the UV light's path. Finally, custom installation and safety verification ensure optimal performance and safe operation.
Visibility throughout the disinfection process
R-Zero Connect IoT platform delivers data in real time, making an invisible process visible – and auditable.
Support in achieving health and safety
Build trust and confidence with building visitors through the R-Zero Badge, signaling your building's commitment to the highest standards of health and safety.
R-Zero's Autonomous Upper-Room UVGI Solution for Air Disinfection
The R-Zero Beam is the world's first LED-based upper room ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) device. R-Zero Beam uses the most effective UV light wavelength (265nm) which is 20-30% more effective than the wavelength most often used wiht UV-C (254nm). Beam quickly and completely disinfects air as it naturally rises and crosses the light’s path.
- UV Source: 4 Proprietary LED bars, 12 LEDs per bar
- Rated LED Life: 6,800 hrs, up to 3 years under normal operating conditions
- Wavelength: Nominal 265 nm (range 260-270 nm)
- Coverage Area: Up to 500 ft2
- Disinfection Power: 99.9% reduction in SARS-CoV-2 in 30 min
- Added Equivalent Air Exchanges: 12 eACH
- On Unit: LED Status Indicator, on/off switch
- Remote Operation: Web interface (R-Zero Connect)
- Auto Operation: Touchless power-on when room is occupied to immediately reduce risk
- Connectivity: WiFi (2.4 GHz), BLE
- Input Voltage: 120-240 VAC
- Current: 1.6A (at 120 VAC)
- Typical Power Consumption: 120W
- Max Power Consumption: 200W
- Power Connection: IEC C14 Socket (Cable Included)
- Length x Width x Height: 77 x 16 x 4"
- Weight: 25 lbs.
- Mounting: Wall or Ceiling
- Minimum Mounting Height: 7’ from bottom of device
- Motion Sensors: 2 Long range PIR sensors in the irradiance zone, 2 sensors to ensure baffle is safely protecting
- Physical Features: Baffle under LEDs to direct beam and keep occupant exposure below limits
- UL 1598, CSA C22.2 No. 250: Expected January 2022
- FCC Part 15C: Expected July 2021