Meet Beam: Upper-room UVGI for air disinfection
Autonomous air disinfection for occupied spaces
CDC-recommended* & capable of inactivating microorganisms
Beam is the world's first LED-based, upper room ultraviolet germicidal irradiation or UVGI device. UVGI is a CDC-recommended air disinfection method using 265 nm UV light that creates a disinfection zone located above people in the rooms they occupy.
*CDC recommends UVGI as an air disinfection method generally
Superior efficacy that makes everyday spaces safer
As the world’s first LED-based, autonomous upper room UVGI solution, R-Zero Beam shines UVGI across the top of an occupied room for air disinfection. Beam disinfects air 99.9% in just 5 minutes. Upper room UVGI is an air disinfection method generally recommended by ASHRAE and the CDC.
Inactivates 99.9% of airborne microorganisms in 5 minutes
99% Staph Epidermidis
99% Klebsiella Bacteria
>99% Human Coronavirus
Drive positive ROIs with Beam
In addition to manual cleaning and disinfection processes, Beam virtually eliminates high-risk aerosol transmission of microorganisms by adding +12eACH. It also carries 9X less operating costs vs. increased ventilation, driving high ROIs.*
*Grigory V. Volchenkov, MD, Oblast TB Dispensary, Vladimir, Russia in collaboration with Paul Jensen, PE, IH, PhD (CDC)
The science of UVGI
Beam is the world's first LED-based upper room ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) device. Beam uses the most effective UV light wavelength (265nm), which is 20-30% more effective than the wavelength most often used with UV-C (254nm). Beam quickly helps disinfect air as it naturally rises and crosses the light’s path.
Because the 265nm wavelength of UV light is not safe for eyes and skin, Beam includes a safety baffle to ensure no exposure.
Furthermore, Beam is equipped with PIR safety sensors that will terminate the UV light if a person is at risk of crossing into the UV light's path. Finally, custom installation and safety verification ensure optimal performance and safe operation.
Visibility throughout the disinfection process
R-Zero Connect IoT platform delivers data in real time, making an invisible process visible – and auditable.
Support in achieving health and safety
Build trust and confidence with building visitors through the R-Zero Badge, signaling your building's commitment to the highest standards of health and safety.
- UV Source: 4 Proprietary LED bars, 12 LEDs per bar
- Rated LED Life: 6,800 hrs, up to 3 years under normal operating conditions
- Wavelength: Nominal 265 nm (range 260-270 nm)
- Coverage Area: Up to 500 ft2
- Disinfection Power: 99.9% reduction in airborne microorganisms
- Added Equivalent Air Exchanges: 12 eACH
- On Unit: LED Status Indicator, on/off switch
- Remote Operation: Web interface (R-Zero Connect)
- Auto Operation: Touchless power-on when room is occupied to immediately reduce risk
- Connectivity: WiFi (2.4 GHz), BLE
- Input Voltage: 120-240 VAC
- Current: 1.6A (at 120 VAC)
- Typical Power Consumption: 120W
- Max Power Consumption: 200W
- Power Connection: IEC C14 Socket (Cable Included)
- Length x Width x Height: 77 x 16 x 4"
- Weight: 25 lbs.
- Mounting: Wall or Ceiling
- Minimum Mounting Height: 7’ from bottom of device
- Motion Sensors: 2 Long range PIR sensors in the irradiance zone, 2 sensors to ensure baffle is safely protecting
- Physical Features: Baffle under LEDs to direct beam and keep occupant exposure below limits
- UL 1598, CSA C22.2 No. 250: Expected January 2022
- FCC Part 15C: Expected July 2021